Blessings of peace, joy and love!
Welcome to the Saint Thomas Becket Catholic Digital Library providing links to high quality, reputable, mostly free resources which can be used for personal prayer and spiritual enrichment.
The links below are a guide for topical content.
We hope you find this library helpful. We welcome your comments and suggestions of additional resources. Email Mary at .
- A Quick review of why we make room in our lives to observe Lent https://bustedhalo.com/video/watch-lent-3-minutes).
- Loyola Press Lenten Resourcesincludes devotionals, activities, programs, liturgical services and more. (https://www.loyolapress.com/our-catholic-faith/liturgical-year/lent)
- Mary's Press has an extensive list of videos, prayers, and activities for Lent. (https://www.smp.org/resourcecenter/category/Lent/15)
- Catholic Relief Services Lenten Resources - includes action projects, activities, Lenten calendar, and prayers/devotions (https://www.crsricebowl.org).
- Living Water Reflections and Activitiesfrom World Vision is a six-week guide to seeing how God invites us to be part of God's thirst-quenching endeavor, sharing the gift of water with those in need, both literally and figuratively.(https://www.worldvision.org/lp/lent-living-waterer)
- A Great Lenten Idea! Read the New Testament in 40 days! https://catholic-resources.org/Bible/Reading-40DaysNT.pdf
- The God Minute
- The Jesuit Post
Pray as You Go
Available via website (https://pray-as-you-go.org/), app (Google & Apple platforms) or Podcast (iTunes, Spotify). The website, app and Podcast have the same daily content so they could be used interchangeably based upon what device is available each day. Although not strictly a “Bible app”, this does incorporate scripture every day.
Other prayer and reflection options:
Creighton University Online Ministries
(http://onlineministries.creighton.edu/CollaborativeMinistry/online.html), includes 34 week retreat online or in printed book form
Building Your Family Faith at Home A resource website with articles and activities for families to do together at home
In September 2019, Creighton University marked the university’s inaugural Mission Week, themed “Imagine Our Magis” (magis literally translates to “more”). To kick-off Mission Week, Creighton invited Fr. Greg Boyle, SJ, to provide a keynote address. Fr. Boyle founded Homeboy Industries, the largest gang-intervention, rehabilitation, and re-entry program in the world. Fr. Boyle has also authored several books, Tattoos on the Heart and Barking to the Choir.
Listen to the recorded address.
Daily Reflection -
- Honor Your Inner Monk A simple prayer app (iPhone & Android) which can help track how often we pray, and includes copies of major Catholic prayers.
- Reimagining the Examen The Examen is a form of prayer where, each day, we review the successes and shortcomings of our day and ask God for his blessings. This app(iPhone only) helps you pray through The Examen on a daily basis.